***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~10 minutes; Cook Time: 4 hours (high); 8 hours (low); Yield: 6 servings (420 calories each); Supplies: Crock-pot
- 6-8 cups, vegetable broth
- 3 cups, red lentils
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ orange pepper, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 small mini-potatoes, cubed
- 4 tbs, nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs, oregano
- 1 tbs, tumeric
- ½ tsp. paprika/ pimento seasoning
- Cayenne, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Leafy greens
- Green onion
- Vegan sour cream, garnish
- Daiya Mozzerella shreds or Follow Your Heart “parmesan,”garnish
- Do not pre-soak lentils.
- Chop your onions, peppers, potatoes, and red lentils. Mince the garlic.
- Dump all of the vegetables/ garlic into a crock-pot along with the seasoning and vegetable broth.
- Cook on high for four hours or on low for eight hours, stirring occasionally.
- If you plan to add green onion or leafy greens, do so about 15 minutes before cooking is complete.
- Garnish with vegan cheese, sour cream or more herbs.