Some of you may have seen an accidental post with the draft version of this content. Obviously, my post was published accidentally, very prematurely. Please check out my actual, full post below. Your tastebuds will thank you. =)
Avocado toast has become… Let’s just say “a thing.” Admittedly, I love a good avocado toast as much as the next millennial, but recently I had a craving for a sweet, slightly savory breakfast toast. I had just picked up some Kite Hill Ricotta so I thought—why not make a Vegan Banana Ricotta Toast?! I’m so glad I did. It was simple, ascetically pleasing, and delicious!
I love all things banana + peanut butter flavored, but I was never one for savory/ sweet breakfast combos. This recipe has swayed me. Kite Hill’s ricotta is slightly sweet and silky and can be used to replace traditional ricotta in any recipe. I’ve previously used this ‘ricotta’ for stuffed shells, and it works fantastic! Check out my tried and true recipe sure to please the dairy-free non-believers! (Plus, you can save $1.00 on the Kite Hill product of your choice!) Next on my list is to use this as a substitute for mascarpone!
What follows is my ‘all you need to know’ recipe for a delicious Vegan banana Ricotta Toast! I hope you enjoy it.
Cheers & happy eating!
* Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate and referral links. I may earn a commission or bonus if you click through to make a purchase. Additionally, I received these products free for testing. All opinions are my own. I only work with companies and brands I personally support.
PS – You should also check out Kite Hill‘s non-dairy yogurt, too. It’s quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Kite Hill states that their almond milk yogurt is produced “exclusively with local, top quality almonds that provide a smooth and delicate mouthfeel and flavor.” It sure tastes like it.
I was never a big fan of yogurt growing up, but over the years I’ve tried a number of vegan yogurts. Most aren’t bad….I’m just not tempted to go back for seconds. This yogurt is different. It’s almost pudding-like, but healthier? Anyway, Kite Hill‘s yogurts are great for a quick lunch/ snack for work and they have so many flavor options! You can try plain, vanilla, peach, blueberry, strawberry, pineapple, key lime, caramel, or even, plain unsweetened.
Vegan Banana Ricotta Toast
Prep Time: ~10 minutes; Cook Time: 0 minutes; Yield: To taste/ size! Servings are individual.
- PB2 (either original or chocolate)
- Vegan chocolate bar or mini chips
- Your choice of bread (I used Ezekiel whole wheat bread)
- Kite Hill‘s Vegan Ricotta
- Slice the banana into ¼ inch rounds.
- While heating a piece of toast:
- Spread the PB2 on the toast.
- Add a sprinkling layer of ricotta.
- Add some dollops of PB2.
- Add the banana rounds.
- Sprinkle with chocolate and add more ricotta for balance.