The air is crisp, the leaves are getting crunchy, but for some reason, the weather hasn’t quite turned to fall just yet.
I recently needed to make an appetizer for a weekend potluck. During the fall, I love to make winter squash salad and more ‘hearty’ foods. I took this opportunity to make one last “feel good” summer flavored appetizer. I made my indulgent vegan macaroni salad. Check out this quick and easy (under 30 minutes!) recipe below!
Indulgent Vegan Macaroni Salad
Prep Time: ~20 minutes; Yield: Serves 10
***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Ingredients/ Shopping List:
- 1 package, elbow pasta
- 1 cup red and green pepper, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup carrot, diced
- ½ cup Hampton Creek Just Mayo (I used Light)
- ¼ tbs Hampton Creek Just Sweet Mustard
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbs parsley
- Paprika, to taste
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Bring salted water to boil.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Strain, run under cold water to stop cooking, and set aside.
- Dice the red & green peppers, carrots, celery, and red onion.
- In a large bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the Just Mayo, Just Sweet Mustard, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss the macaroni and chopped veggies with the dressing.
- Top with paprika, to taste.
- Let chill for one hour.