Did you hear that Trader Joe’s recently released vegan marshmallows for a fraction of the cost of the previously available Dandies? A 10 oz. bag is just $2.99!
I simply could not wait, so I trekked to Trader Joe’s to pick up all the necessary ingredients to make vegan rice krispie treats. They were so easy to make and delicious, too! Give this simple recipe which will have you reminiscing about childhood today!
Vegan Rice Krispie Treats
***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back!
Ingredients/ Shopping List:
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 package (10 oz.) Trader Joe’s Marshmallows
- (yes, they’re vegan!)
- 5-6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- (Trader Joe’s brand used in photo, but don’t actually use it! It has a hard to notice animal by-product in the ingredients.)
- Optional add in ideas:
- Chocolate chips
- Melt the vegan butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add 10 oz. vegan marshmallows, and continue to stir until they are completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the cereal and any optional add ins.
- Mix well.
- Use a rubber/ silicone spatula to evenly press the mixture into a 9 x 12 pan coated with cooking spray or over parchment paper.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into 1.5/2 x 3-inch squares.
- Enjoy! (best if used same day)