Who doesn’t love a good biscuit? They’re warm and flakey. They taste great smothered in gravy, with jam or cream cheese, or even on their own.
There’s just something about a fluffy, buttery, savory, moist biscuit which feels like a hug from the inside out. I set out to make a vegan version of my favorite biscuit—sour cream & chive.
It was incredibly easy to make. In fact, you only need seven ingredients! You just need a few pantry staples like vegan butter and sour cream, and whole wheat flour, as well as, a heaping helping of freshly chopped chives. Also, because all of the ingredients are mixed by hand, so it won’t leave your kitchen or mixers in shambles.
Trust me, these biscuits are a must try. If you’re in need of a basic biscuit recipe that you can whip up in 30 minutes or less, look no further. Give these a try and please let me know what you think. Happy baking!
Vegan Sour Cream & Chive Biscuits
Prep Time: ~10 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes, Yield: 8-10 biscuits
Ingredients/ Shopping List:
- 2 cups, whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 8 tbsp. vegan butter, melted (low salt preferred, otherwise the biscuits amy taste too salty)
- 1½ cups, vegan sour cream
- ½ cup or more chives, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mince the chives and gather the other ingredients.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add in 6 tbsp. of melted butter, and reserve the rest.
- Mix the ingredients with your hands until coated.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl.
- Place the sour cream and chives in the well.
- Combine the ingredients using a flat wooden spoon.
- It should form a dry, flaky/ crumbly dough.
- Scoop ½ cup of dough, and place it on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until you have used all of the dough.
- The biscuits should be placed 2″ apart.
- Bake the biscuits for 15 minutes or until golden brown.