* Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate and referral links. I may earn a commission or bonus if you click through to make a purchase. All opinions are my own. I only work with companies and brands I personally support.
1. a kind of stew or side dish that is cooked slowly in an oven.
Zucchini & Squash Casserole
***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~10 minutes; Cook Time: 25-35 minutes; Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium squash
- 1 green onion
- ½ cup, Follow Your Heart “parmesan”
- ½ cup, Daiya Mozzerella shreds
- 2 tbs, nutritional yeast
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- dried oregano or basil, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350º F, and spray a 9×9 casserole dish with cooking oil.
- Slice the zucchini and squash into thin rounds (no need to salt/ weep).
- Chop the green onion into small rounds.
- Toss the zucchini and squash in olive oil.
- Place in a casserole dish in whatever pattern you wish. Tuck in the small pieces of green onion along the way.
- Drizzle a healthy amount of olive oil over the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix the mozzarella shreds, parmesan, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Place a thin layer of the mixture over the zucchini and squash.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.