***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~25 minutes; Cook Time: ~15-30 minutes; Yield: ~9×9 Pyrex
- 10-Cup Food Processor or blender
- Mandoline Slicer or other vegetable slicer
- 9×9 Pyrex Glass Baking Dish or metal baking pan
- 2 large kitchen towels
- 3 medium zucchini, finely sliced lengthwise
- 2-3 cups Classic Marinara Sauce
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot, cucumber, and zucchini into 1.5″ long sticks
- Nut “Cheese”
- 1 cup Pepitas (Raw/ unsalted)
- 1½ tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs. finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ tbs. oregano or other Italian seasoning
- ½ bag of Daiya mozzarella
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 12 oz. package of tofu (I used soft, but if you want a thicker “cheese,” you can use firm)
- Preheat the over to 350 F.
- Slice zucchini using a mandoline Slicer or other vegetable slicer.
- Lay out zucchini strips on a large, clean kitchen towel. Salt the slices to draw out the moisture and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice your carrots, zucchini, and cucumber into 1.5″ sticks.
- In a food processor, pulse the pepitas and nutritional yeast until well mixed.
- Add in the tofu, basil, oregano, garlic, and Daiya, pulse until fully combined.
- Transfer the zucchini to a clean kitchen towel.
- Add 1 tablespoon dollops of filling to each slice and spread into an even, thin layer.
- Add 1 small stick of carrot, zucchini and cucumber, and roll up.
- Pour marinara sauce into a ~9×9 baking pan or pyrex dish, reserving at least a ½ cup.
- Add the roll-ups, spiral side up, and cover with a bit more sauce.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with vegan cheese, extra basil, and enjoy!