Prep Time: ~20 minutes; Yield: Serves 6-8
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon sugar
- ½ cup Earth Balance, softened
- 1½ cup soy milk (not almond for this recipe)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup Truvia baking blend
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with your favorite cupcake liners.
- Whisk the soy milk and apple cider vinegar vinegar together and set aside to curdle (note, let it rest for 10 minutes! The added time makes the batter fluffy).
- Combine the softened Earth Balance, vanilla, and Truvia baking blend, until no large chunks remain.
- Once the soy milk mixture has rested, add it into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Sift in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon sugar, and salt, and mix until no lumps remain.
- Fill cupcake liners two-thirds of the way and bake for 20 to 22 minutes. (I use an ice cream scooper!)
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting – I cheated and used vanilla pillsbury, but you can actually make your own frosting from scratch. Using a hand mixer, combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup soy milk until fluffy.
- Garnish with sprinkles of your choosing.