***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~10 minutes; Cook Time: ~20 minutes; Yield: 24 cookies
- 2 cups, whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp, baking soda
- 2 tsp, baking powder
- ¾ tsp ,salt
- ⅓ cup, vegan butter, I used Earth Balance, softened
- ¼ cup, water
- ¼ -½ cup, soy milk
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated vegan sugar or sugar alternative (I used Truvia baking blend)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp, ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp, vegan cocoa powder (I used dark ghirardelli)
- ½ cup, decorative vegan sugar crystals or raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line two baking pans with parchment paper.
- Mix the whole wheat flour, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder and the cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the vegan butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and water.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet mixture. Stir until well combined.
- You should start to see a moist ball of dough form; however, it will likely still be a bit dry. Slowly add in the soy milk until the dough is coated.
- Once the dough is ready, scoop small golf-ball size clumps of dough and roll into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the dough balls in the decorative sugar and place on the lined baking sheets.
- Bake for ~9-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to cooling racks, and allow to cool completely before enjoying these delectable cookies!