***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~15 minutes; Cook Time: ~15 minutes; Yield: NA
- 1 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chips (or any vegan chocolate chip)
- ½ cup popcorn kernels (un-popped)
- ½ cup sugar or sugar alternative (I use stevia)
- ¼ cup melted earth balance
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Line a counter, or if you have limited space like me, your dining room table with parchment paper.
- Popcorn Option #1– You can choose to pop your kernels over the stove – melt the butter, add the kernels and sugar, and stir. Popcorn Option #2 – But I prefer to air-pop my the kernels. If you choose this method, simply melt the earth balance, and then mix in the salt and sugar. While the popcorn is still warm, toss the popcorn with the mixture.
- Transfer the popcorn evenly onto the parchment paper. Make sure not to have clumps of popcorn. The goal is to have the popcorn laying as evenly as possible.
- Next place all of the chocolate chips in a double broiler (I use a make shift double broiler out of two small pots).
- Keep the stove heat low and continually stir the chocolate to make sure it melts evenly and does not burn.
- Once the chocolate is melted, drizzle the chocolate over the kettle corn using a spatula.
- Voila! Simply serve this beautiful treat in decorative bowls or small popcorn boxes!