- 36 minutes (26 cook, 10 prep)
- One tall 9 in round cake pan (or 18 cupcakes)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I used a mix of whole wheat and all purpose flours)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Splenda or other sugar alternative
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup soy yogurt (I used vanilla Kitehill yogurt)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9 in baking pan (alternatively fill a cupcake pan with liners).
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, vegetable oil, soy yogurt, and vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and then add them to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until no large clumps remain.
- Fold in the carrots, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into a 9 in round cake pan or fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for ~24 minutes until you can insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake/ cupcakes to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Ice the cake/ cupcakes, decorate, and enjoy!