“Healthy” Chocolate Banana-Oat Cookies
***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~10-15 minutes; Cook Time: 8-10 minutes; Yield: 18-24 cookies
Ingredients/ Shopping List:
- 2 overripe bananas (mine were frozen and thawed)
- ½ cup and 1 tbsp earth balance, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup Splenda
- ½ -3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup crystalized ginger chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all wet and dry ingredients separately except the ginger and chocolate chips. (The cocoa and sugar get mixed with the wet ingredients).
- Once no flour or oat clumps remain, fold in the chocolate chips and crystalized ginger.
- Roll golf ball sizes balls of dough in your hands.
- Flatten until ~1 inch thick and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat step 6, leaving 1-2 inches between cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies and place on a cooling rack.