***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~10 minutes; Cook Time: ~13-15 minutes; Yield: 18 cookies
Ingredients/ Shopping List:
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed (or sub 1 egg worth of egg replacer)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup almond/soy milk, unsweetened
- ½ cup Splenda or granulated sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted/ room temperature
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1¼ cup all purpose or whole wheat flour
- Hearty dash of salt
- ½ cup dry roasted, unsalted macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup crystalized ginger chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the non-dairy milk and flax. Mix well and set aside to thicken and create a “flax” egg.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients except the crystalized ginger chips, chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts.
- In a separate, large bowl, combine the coconut oil and sugar. Once well mixed add the flax egg and stir.
- Next, add the vanilla and almond extracts to the wet mixture.
- Once the wet mixture is well incorporated, slowly add in the dry mixture.
- Once no clumps remain, fold in the crystalized ginger chips, chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Roll golf ball sizes balls of dough in your hands.
- Flatten until ~½ inch thick and place on the baking sheet a few inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies and place on a cooling rack.