***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~10 minutes; Cook Time: ~15 minutes; Yield: ~six tacos
Ingredients/ Shopping List:
- ½ ripe avocado, diced
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeño, minced
- ½ cup red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. jerk seasoning
- 4 links Field Roast breakfast sausage
- 1 link Field Roast Mexican Chorizo sausage
- Mexican Rice
- Optional, black beans and/or corn.
- Tortilla shells (I used fiber rich whole wheat shells from Whole Foods – 45 calories/ piece)
- Prepare the Mexican rice.
- Heat olive or avocado oil in a skillet.
- Cube the avocado, and set aside.
- Mince the garlic, onion, and jalapeño.
- Chop the red and green peppers and Field Roast sausages.
- Sauté the red and green peppers until they turn bright but are still a little crisp.
- Add the Field Roast Sausages, garlic, onion, and jalapeño, as well as, the jerk seasoning.
- Once almost fully sautéed, add in the black beans and corn.
- Heat up a tortilla. Top with a layer of Mexican rice, and the veggie and protein mixture.
- Garnish with vegan cheese, avocado, and sour cream. *My partner made an avocado cream sauce for our topping. This involved pureeing avocado, chile powder, garlic, vegan sour cream, and onion in a blender.