***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~20 minutes; Cook Time: NA
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, roasted and crushed
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil, sliced
- Vine-on or Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Vegan mozzarella, fresh grated
- Balsamic glaze (or balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to make your own)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Chop the ends off 3-5 garlic cloves and peel the outside paper.
- Place in a piece of tin foil, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the garlic for 30-40 minutes until it is slightly brown, but not burnt. While you roast the garlic, prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop the tomatoes in half and scoop out the guts.
- Slice the tomatoes into strips and then cut them into small square pieces.
- Rinse ~8 large leaves of basil.
- Roll the basil leaves and chop them into small slices.
- Mix the basil and tomatoes.
- Once the garlic is done roasting, crush it and then mince the firm parts.
- Combine the crushed garlic with the tomato and basil mixture.
- Place small spoonfuls of the mixture on olive oil drizzled baguette slices or mini crackers/ crostinis.
- Lastly, drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Enjoy! Mangia! Mangia!