***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back!
Prep Time: ~15 minutes; Cook Time: ~10 minutes; Yield: Serves 4
Ingredients/ Shopping List:
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained
- ½ ripe avocado, diced
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeño, minced
- ½ cup red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 links Field Roast breakfast sausage
- 3 red potatoes
- 1 pack Fantastic Tofu Scrambler or make your own by mixing 1 tbs rolled oats, 2 tsp turmeric, 1 tbs nutritional yeast and 1-2 tbs flour
- ¼ cup vegan cheese (I used Chedder-style Daiya shreds)
- Optional vegan sour cream
- Fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water in a medium saucepan to a boil.
- Place 3 small red potatoes in the water, and boil for 3-5 minutes until easily pierced by a fork.
- Drain the water and set aside the potatoes to cool.
- Chop tofu into 1″ square cubes. Lightly ‘smash’ the tofu so it makes large ‘crumbles.’
- Place the tofu in a small mixing bowl and add the Tofu Scrambler mix. Combine well, and set aside.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet.
- Cube the avocado, and set aside.
- Mince the garlic, onion, and jalapeño.
- Chop the red and green peppers, Field Roast sausages and potatoes.
- Sauté the red and green peppers until they turn bright but are still a little crisp.
- Add the Field Roast Sausages, potatoes, garlic, onion, and jalapeño.
- Once almost fully sautéed, add in the tofu mixture.
- Let the tofu heat up until one side gets slightly browned but not burnt.
- Flip and stir the tofu veggie mixture until evenly cooked. (Note, you may need to add more oil to prevent sticking).
- Garnish with vegan cheese, avocado, optional sour cream, and fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm and enjoy!