Prep Time: ~15 minutes; Cook Time: ~60 minutes; Yield: Serves 6-8
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2-4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp orange or other citrus juice, fresh squeezed
- 2-3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha (depending on heat preference)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
Noodles & Veggies:
- 8 oz soba or rice noodles
- ½ cup shallots or Vidalia onion, minced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- ½+ cup green onions, sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame seeds, toasted or peanuts, chopped
- Optional, add a protein like faux beef or fried tofu
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- Cook the noodles according to the package.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the veggies.
- Chop the shallots/ onions, green onions, yellow and green peppers, and carrots.
- Transfer the veggies to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Strain the noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Combine the veggies, noodles, and dressing.
- Mix until all of the noodles and veggies are coated.
- Add in any optional protein.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and/or chopped peanuts.
- Serve cold.