Brrr! It’s always a long winter in Cleveland. So how am I spending it? Well I’m planning summer trips, thinking about my garden, and getting cozy by the fire. Oh, and doing my usual coupon and rebate savings round ups! I’ve got a hearty list of both “stand by” and new/ rare coupons below in my February Savings Round Up.
I also want to call your attention to three new ways that i’m saving this year:
1. Dosh – Have you heard of Dosh? It’s one of the “newer” rebate apps—similar to Ebates or Swagbucks, but it’s actually a lot easier and has some added benefits. There are three primary ways to get cash back with the app: (1) In-store shopping (and this is my favorite feature); (2) Online Shopping; and (3) Travel.
To earn cash back from in-store shopping, you simply need to link credit or debit cards to your account. As an added bonus, you’ll get $5 for linking your first card. Once you’ve done this, Dosh automatically scans your purchases for savings from Dosh affiliated establishments. That’s it. You read that right. No scanning receipts, snapping photos, or scanning barcodes. It’s automatic! How cool is that?
In general, the cash back for both in-store and online purchases is 3-7%, very similar to Ebates and Swagbucks. For example, right now you can currently pocket 10% back from Denny’s, 7.5% Bed, Bath, and so on. Aside from big name retailers, you might even be bale to earn some cash back at local coffee shops or breweries.
It’s pretty simple to sign up, and you can cash out for Paypal or donate to charity once you reach $15. Only one catch – you can’t use Dosh in conjunction with any other rebate program, but that’s fairly common.
Right now you can even earn a $25 bonus for booking your first hotel room through the app! Plus, their referral program is the best I’ve ever seen. You can earn $5 for each friend that signs up with your link, but they do frequest specials where the rate jumps to $15. A-mazing! What are you waiting for? Give it a try! *Note, due to popularity, you might encounter a waitlist.
2. Drop – Drop is a free mobile rewards app that allows consumers to collect points on top of their existing rewards programs on everyday spending. You simply link your debit and credit cards and seamlessly earn Drop points at your favorite brands, then redeem them instantly at major retailers like Amazon, Starbucks, and Apple. If you sign up and use my code – g0wex – you’ll get 1,000 free drop points on me. That’s essentially $1.00 in rewards just for joining!
- Earning rewards with Drop (code – g0wex) is easy:
- Download the app: www.earnwithdrop.com
- Link any Debit and/or Credit cards.
- Select your favorite stores to earn points with. Options currently include Target, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Sephora, Uber, Starbucks, McDonald’s, Walmart, and more.
- Earn Drop points every time you make a purchase at any of the selected retailers by spending with your linked Debit or Credit cards.
- Earn additional Drop points by redeeming limited time offers when spending at rotating brands.
- Unlock rewards when a certain amount of points are collected. Users can redeem their Drop points instantly for giftcards at places like Amazon, Starbucks, Apple, and many other retailers.
3. SpotHero – Last, but certainly not least−I’ve been reserving parking spots a lot more than usual. I’ve needed to do so when I didn’t want to pay $25-35/night at the hotel, as well as, when I’ve gone downtown for an event. I stumbled on SpotHero which let’s you reserve your spot online or via their app. It’s quick, easy, and lets you park for cheaper than you would otherwise. If you use my link, we’ll both get $7.00 off our next reservation!
* Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As always, all opinions are my own!