***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~10 minutes; Cook Time: ~60-70 minutes; Yield: 8 potato skins
Ingredients/ Shopping List:
- 4 potatoes, medium (~inch length)
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 onion, medium, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup, Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds
- 1-2 tbsp, extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, fresh ground, to taste
- Pepper, fresh ground, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp, chives, minced
- Vegan sour cream, optional, I used Tofutti Sour Supreme Cream
- Vegan bacon bits, optional, I used Sweet Earth Veggie Smoked Seitan Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Prep the onion, garlic, and broccoli and set aside.
- Prep the chives and set aside.
- Arrange the whole potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked, ~40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the potatoes cool. (I waited about 10 minutes).
- Cut each potato in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out the potatoes leaving about 1/4-1/2 inch around the sides depending on the size of your potatoes. (Tip: Save the potato guts for use in a different recipe!)
- Salt the tops of the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes back on the baking sheet, face down.
- Lightly brush the skins with extra virgin olive oil or lightly spray them with Pam.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, steam the broccoli florets until fork tender (~5 minutes).
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook another minute.
- Finally, add the steamed broccoli florets and cook another 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sautéd veggies with more salt and pepper. Slowly add in the Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds, reserving some for garnish, so they melt.
- Remove the potato skins from the oven.
- Fill each with the veggie mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds on top of each potato skin.
- Place the potato skins back in the over for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with the minced chives, vegan bacon bits, and vegan sour cream.