Whether or not you like football, you probably like getting together with friends to snack and halfheartedly watch the halftime show. Or maybe you just watch it for the ads. Either way, if you’re hosting a party for the big day, you’re probably already thinking about what to serve your guests. Is it an all vegan crowd? Do you need to please vegans and omnivores alike? Looking for an easy meal or appetizer to satisfy everyone on Superbowl Sunday? Don’t want to make something homemade? Don’t worry—I’ve got you covered. Today I’m bringing you Game Day Treats: Vegan Pigs in a Blanket & more!
If you read my Vegan Cinnamon Rolls post, you know that I’ve been coming up with some unique uses for the Pillsbury® Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet. I found the perfect game day, two-ingredient recipe—Vegan Pigs in a Blanket. Anyone could make this recipe. It’s simply foolproof, but it doesn’t taste like it! It’s the perfect party food, clocking in at just 15 minutes of cook time, and easily customizable from the size of the serving to the taste. If you want something delicious that will satisfy your craving plus make you reminisce about childhood, check out my complete recipe below!
Okay, maybe you’re looking also for some “just buy it and you’re done” items? I’ve got you covered on those, too. How about getting a few packs of Louisville Vegan Jerky to display in a serving dish? This jerky packs a punch with flavors ranging from Smoked Black Pepper to Smokey Carolina BBQ or my favorited Smoke Chipotle.
Your friends like cheese doodles or cheetos? Well, why not get some Hippeas for them to enjoy? These cheesy puffs are derived from chick peas, but they sure don’t taste like it!
Want to throw in some healthy snacks? You can’t go wrong with a crudité platter with cauliflower, baby carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, red pepper slices, hummus, and some Just Ranch, too!
Or check out other party-ready recipes from one of my all-time favorite vegan cookbooks, “Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give a F*ck.”
Check out my Vegan Pigs in a Blanket recipe below! Let me know what you’re making for game day in the comments.
* Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate and referral links. I may earn a commission or bonus if you click through to make a purchase. All opinions are my own. I only work with companies and brands I personally support.
Vegan Pigs in a Blanket
***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~5 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes; Yield: 8 servings
- Pillsbury® Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet
- Lightlife Smart Dogs (or vegan hot dog of choice)
- Daiya Cheese Shreds (or other vegan cheese)
- Ketchup, mustard, or other sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open the Pillsbury® Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet and roll it out on the parchment paper.
- Take a non-serrated knife and cut long triangles in the dough.
- Place the smart dogs at the short end of the dough (not the point) and roll them up.
- I actually played around with the dough and the smart dogs and decided to make some “full size” and cut the smart dogs in half for others. It works very well either way.
- *Note, you can also add some vegan cheese or other toppings before rolling up the smart dogs.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, or other dipping sauce. Enjoy!