Happy New Year! What better way to ring in 2018 than with a super simple recipe for Vegan Cinnamon Rolls. I just love taking a somewhat complicated dessert and making it under an hour. For years, I’ve wanted to make vegan cinnamon rolls, but honestly, the dessert intimidated me. This holiday season I purchased several Pillsbury seamless dough sheets to play with. It’s the perfect way to take this dessert from a bit of a hassle to one of the quickest and easiest dishes to make!
These vegan cinnamon rolls will make your home smell like a Cinnabon location. They are light, airy, have just the right level of sweetness. The secret is using pumpkin puree to help get the right level of gooey sweet goodness. So why not take it easy today. Go get a cup of coffee and enjoy making these quick and easy vegan cinnamon rolls with your loved ones!
PS – Like this recipe? Check out my recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Roll.
* Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate and referral links. I may earn a commission or bonus if you click through to make a purchase. All opinions are my own. I only work with companies and brands I personally support.
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Prep Time: ~10 minutes; Cook Time: 35 minutes; Yield: 9 servings; Supplies: 8×8 Glass Baking Dish
- ½ cup (or more) vegan powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond or soy milk
- or cheat and use softened Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the dough sheet on the parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, spices and vanilla extract.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the dough sheet.
- Roll up the dough sheet length/ long wise, and slice the roll into ~1 in thick pieces.
- Place the cinnamon rolls down, close together in the 8×8 Glass Baking Dish.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 30-35 minutes.
- Halfway through, check the rolls to see if they are rising and if the top is beginning to look light brown.
- While the rolls are baking, either make your vanilla glaze or soften pre-bought icing. If making from scratch:
- Add the vanilla extract to the powdered sugar and slowly add your soy/vanilla milk until the consistency is a smooth, slightly runny glaze.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and drizzle with the vanilla glaze.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!