My partner loves asian-inspired flavors. He uses sesame oil when it isn’t necessary. He uses soy sauce at odd times. You get the idea. Well, I’ve been looking for new, quick & easy recipes with asian flavors outside the usual stir fry. I recently created a recipe for chilled sesame noodle salad, and now I’ve hit the mark again with a mixed cabbage salad with a citrus peanut dressing.
This has easily become a quick favorite because it’s so practical. You can make a large batch on Sunday and use it for lunches throughout the week. Simply keep the vinaigrette on the side and add the dressing as you go. The base flavors are mild—meaning this recipe is also easily adaptable. You can even make a few different dressings to keep it interesting.
If you stick true to the recipe you’ll end up with a crunchy, sweet and sour salad that tastes great. Plus, it’s so appetizing with all the vibrant colors! Give it a try!
* Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As always, all opinions are my own!
Mixed Cabbage Salad w/ Citrus Peanut Vinaigrette
Prep Time: ~15 minutes; Cook Time: 0 minutes; Yield: Serves 6-8
- 4-6 tbsp peanut butter (depending on if you prefer more peanut butter or a tangier taste)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2-4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp orange or other citrus juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 ½ tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 small head of red cabbage
- 1 small head of green cabbage
- 1/3 cup shallots, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions or Vidalia onion
- Mix the peanut butter, water, and rice vinegar until well combined.
- Add the remaining dressing ingredients and stir until no clumps remain.
- Chop the cabbage into thin strips, and slice the other veggies.
- In a bowl, combine all of the cabbage slaw veggies.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies, and toss until well coated.
- Enjoy! How easy was that?