Have you been looking for the perfect salad to bring to your next potluck? My Chilled Sesame Noodle Salad will do the trick.
It’s deceptively simple, and will please even the pickiest of palates. The mix of bright, fresh peppers and green onion goes perfect with the tangy sesame vinaigrette. The powerful dressing is a mix of citrus juice, Sriracha, and ginger powder which pairs well with black or toasted sesame seeds. This is a wonderful dish to bring to a potluck or to make if you’re hosting events. It lasts about one week so you can even use it for last minute lunches.
The best part? This recipe takes under 30 minutes, then you place the salad in the refrigerator for an hour, and voila! You’re appetizer is ready to serve. It’s almost too good to be true. Go ahead and give it a try!
Cheers & happy eating,
* Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As always, all opinions are my own!
Chilled Sesame Noodle Salad
Prep Time: ~15 minutes; Cook Time: ~60 minutes; Yield: Serves 6-8
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2-4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp orange or other citrus juice, fresh squeezed
- 2-3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha (depending on heat preference)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
Noodles & Veggies:
- 8 oz soba or rice noodles
- ½ cup shallots or Vidalia onion, minced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- ½+ cup green onions, sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame seeds, toasted or peanuts, chopped
- Optional, add a protein like faux beef or fried tofu
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- Cook the noodles according to the package.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the veggies.
- Chop the shallots/ onions, green onions, yellow and green peppers, and carrots.
- Transfer the veggies to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Strain the noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Combine the veggies, noodles, and dressing.
- Mix until all of the noodles and veggies are coated.
- Add in any optional protein.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and/or chopped peanuts.
- Serve cold.