What’s more American than some good old fashioned cole slaw? Well…maybe apple pie, but I’d say this traditional side dish makes the top ten list. Being vegan, cole slaw is something I don’t eat very often. However, it’s a side dish that I used to love as a kid. Since Hampton Creek has such an amazing line of faux mayos, I decided to give this old fashioned dish a vegan spin.
The recipe is simple, using just seven main ingredients and taking about 10 minutes of prep time. Why not give this a try? It’s sure to satisfy vegans and non-vegans alike!
Let me know what you think!
Old Fashioned Vegan Coleslaw
Prep Time: ~10 minutes; Yield: Serves 10
***Please feel free to share widely, just give me some credit or a link back
Ingredients/ Shopping List:
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup Hampton Creek Just Mayo (I used Light)
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tbs truvia or other sugar alternative
- 1 tsp. celery seed, ground
- Paprika, to taste
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Shred the cabbage and carrots.
- In a large bowl, mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the Just Mayo, vinegar, celery seed, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
- Let chill for one hour.